We are thrilled to see another exciting use case added to on-chain carbon: Decentralized social graph Lens Protocol has integrated NCT (tokenized, nature-based carbon credits) as a native currency! You can now conduct NFT sales and set follow fees in NCT. You can also choose to retire carbon credits on dApps built with Lens 🌿🌏
As a reminder: The retirement is the planet-positive action that concludes a carbon credits lifecycle.
What is Lens Protocol?
Lens Protocol is a Web3 social graph designed to empower creators to own the links between themselves and their community. Built from the ground up with modularity in mind, it allows new features to be added while ensuring immutable content and social relationships.
Put simply, Lens is the open-source tech stack for building decentralized social networking applications.
How will $NCT be integrated into Lens?
There are two points where you might encounter fees on Lens:
- Collect-module: This module lets you mint an NFT of any content you like. The original content creator can decide on the price of the NFT mint
- Follow-module: If you follow someone, a "Follow NFT" will be minted to your wallet. Following other profiles can be free, but profile owners can also set their own fees for new followers.
You will now be able to chose to pay for collecting content NFTs and follows in NCT, along with currencies like USDC, DAI, wETH and wMATIC.
Toucan at a glance
Toucan is building the technology to bring the world's supply of carbon credits onto energy-efficient blockchains and turn them into tokens that anyone can use. This paves the way for a more efficient and scalable global carbon market. It puts carbon at the heart of decentralized finance and unleashes a transparent flow of money directly into climate projects that make a difference.
- Collect this post on Lenster for 1 NCT — all proceeds will be retired!
- Post something cool on one of the apps built on Lens (ie Lenster, Lenstube, or Phaver), and set parameters for others to mint your content as an NFT, or to follow you
- Don't have a Lens handle yet? Keep your eyes on the Lens twitter for ways to get whitelisted to mint your handle
Toucan is building the technology to bring the world's supply of carbon credits onto energy-efficient blockchains and turn them into tokens that anyone can use. This paves the way for a more efficient and scalable global carbon market.